Happy Friday! This Friday is the countdown to my first official vacation of this year. I felt like that was worthy of a celebration, so I’m sharing these cookies which are also worthy of a celebration. I posted a pic on Instagram a little while back about these cookies and how amazing they are. It’s a simple cookie that is filled with all sorts of flavors that just makes them addicting. The fun part is that you can really change up any of the extra goodies in here to make it suit your taste. If you are craving salty/sweet, toss in some crushed pretzels. Heck, I might even add some crushed potato chips. It’s seriously a snack in itself. It’s super simple to put these cookies together. I’ve made them a couple times and each time they are a hit. You cannot go wrong here.
- In a large bowl add the unsalted butter, partially melted. There should still be whole pieces of butter visible. Do not melt all the way!
- Add the brown sugar, and white sugar to the bowl and whisk together until smooth. Add in the egg and egg yolk, as well as the vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add in the salt, baking soda, and flour. Mix until the ingredients are just combined. Be careful not to over mix. No one wants a tough cookie!
- Add in the chocolate chips and M&Ms (or whatever extras you would like!). Fold the goodies in, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes - 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place a Silpat or parchment paper on a large baking sheet.
- When the dough is chilled, roll balls of dough (I use a cookie scoop for this) into a loose ball. Press a Rolo into the middle of the dough and cover with the remaining dough. (basically hide the Rolo. Place seam side down.
- Make sure you space the cookies out as they will spread a bit. Cook for about 8-10 minutes. You want the cookies to be browned on the edges and just set in the middle. Do not over cook. I always take them out when they still look a bit raw in the middle. They will continue to cook for a bit and settle. You want these to be soft and chewy.
- Once you remove them from the oven, place some additional M&Ms and chocolate chips on the tops of the cookies. Just press them in gently. Allow to cook on the baking tray for about 5 minutes, or until you can transfer them to a cooling rack without breaking them apart.
Barely adapted from Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
I know many of you are probably prepping for some 4th of July celebrations over the weekend and week ahead. These would make the perfect dessert to bring along. I’m sure you are also thinking about other goodies grill/make for these festivities or in general, so I wanted to share some deals for my readers!
Save $0.75 on any (1) MCCORMICK GRILL MATES 14 OZ. SAUSAGE LINK OR BEEF FRANK
Save $0.55 when you buy any ONE (1) Sargento Natural Cheese Slices
Save $1.00 on ANY ONE (1) 16ct Variety Bag of Snyder’s Lance products
Earn $2.00 when you purchase Jose Cuervo Tradicional®
Earn $1.25 when you purchase Hillshire Farm Naturals® Smoked Sausage