For the Dough
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- dash pure vanilla extract
For the Filling
For the Frosting
- For the dough, place the flour, salt, and sugar into a food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Add the butter to the processor and pulse until the mixture is crumbly. Combine the milk and vanilla. Stream the milk mixture into the processor while it's running. Pulse a few times until the dough comes together. Remove the dough and shape into a disc. Wrap with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- To make the filling, spoon a few spoonfuls of the jam into a bowl. Add a bit of cornstarch to the jam and mix together. This will prevent the jam from becoming too runny.
- Once the dough it ready, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Shape the dough into a rectangle. Dough should be about 1/4 inch thick. cut the dough into equal rectangles. Spoon some of the jam mixture into 1/2 of the rectangles. Place the remaining rectangles on top of the jam covered pieces. Press the edges with a fork to secure. If you have trouble getting them to stick place some water or milk on the inside and attach.
- Place the pop tarts into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Once cool you can add the icing. To make the icing simply mix powdered sugar and milk until you create a thick icing. You don't want it too runny. Spread the icing over the tops and let harden.
This is a Will Sing For Dessert original recipe.