Zucchini Bread

You know when you have a post planned for the day, and then something better comes up and you NEED to write a post about that instead? Well that happened here. I had the best intentions to stick to my schedule this week. But then this zucchini bread happened. As you may have seen, my garden is BLOOMING! So many things growing, it’s so exciting. With that, I need to get creative so that we eat all the veggies. Thankfully, zucchini in bread form, with chocolate chips, is delicious. Even a hater of zucchini could easily be convinced to eat some. (And he was! – Also I ‘ll let you guess if that was the toddler or the husband) Also, because I love Smitten Kitchen I trust all advice when it comes to baking. Although it did discourage adding anything to this delicious bread, I did go for the chocolate chips. In my defense it was half the suggested portion and highly delicious. It’s so addicting too. I find excuses to go into the kitchen to grab another piece. You know, time to do the dishes! The dishwasher needs to be emptied! Oh you want water….I’ll get it! I think I heard something! Also, this recipe makes two loaves, so you can freeze one for when the next craving hits. #yourewelcome

Instructions

1. Heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two bread pans with cooking spray and set aside.
  2. Whisk eggs, oils, butter, and sugar together. Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine. Stir in the zucchini. Stir in flour, mixing just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  3. Divide the batter between the two prepared bread pans. Bake in the oven for about 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes or so. Remove from the pan and allow them to cool completely.

Notes

Recipe Smitten Kitchen

Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

whitney
    August 11, 2017 at 11:45 am I love zucchini bread, your pictures made me want some RIGHT NOW!! Even though its 105 in AZ today I will be baking!!
      admin
      August 14, 2017 at 9:02 am Aww yay! It's SO good. Trust me...the extra heat will be worth it!
    Laura Belle
    August 11, 2017 at 12:18 pm I'll have to try this recipe. I am buried in zucchini right now. I don't even have a garden, but everyone I know with is pawning the stuff off on me.
      admin
      August 14, 2017 at 9:03 am Same here! It's a struggle to get creative with it, but trust me you'll want a few loaves of this around!
    Tara Frieden
    August 11, 2017 at 12:22 pm This is perfectly timed! I have many zucchinis in my kitchen and need to make some bread. Thanks for sharing, Your pictures have my mouth watering!
      admin
      August 14, 2017 at 9:04 am Yay! Thank you! I hear that, I feel like I use one and then four more zucchini come out. It's never ending!
    Kendra
    August 11, 2017 at 1:03 pm First, I love zucchini bread but I always forget about it until my mom makes it. Second, I should be making it myself. I'm a grown adult with a husband and kids. Third, thanks for the post. I think I'm gonna go make some.
      admin
      August 14, 2017 at 9:05 am I would always accept zucchini bread baked by my mom :) But if get the itch to bake....this it definitely the recipe to try. So good!
    Emily
    August 12, 2017 at 1:38 pm This looks so good! I have been looking for a good zucchini bread recipe :)
      admin
      August 14, 2017 at 9:05 am Thank you! I hope you like it! Let me know if you try it out!!