Do you ever have those mornings when you just cannot get it together? Hello Monday! I felt like I was being productive this morning until my son slept in and we had to scramble to get ourselves out the door so I could make it to the office on time. That usually means something meh for breakfast because I do not have time to put anything thoughtful together. But, this morning, I was prepared. I had made this granola over the weekend and it is literally the best thing to meet your yogurt. The chocolate and cinnamon flavors are a wonderful combination. This is also the perfect snack. A handful of this is so satisfying. You can trust me on that, I had a few handfuls throughout the day. My excuse for that, I had to keep checking to make sure it was done cooking! It’s so simple to make and tastes so much better than the store bought kind. It stores nicely in an airtight container for your snacking please for the next couple weeks….if it lasts that long!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 1 large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together the oats, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the sugar, honey, oil, and butter. Stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture begins to bubble. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Stir the sugar mixture into the oat mixture and toss with a wooden spoon until the oat mixture is moistened. Spoon the mixture onto the prepared backing sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Stir the granola about 2-3 times during baking.
- The granola is done when the edges are toasty and the granola becomes fragrant. Note that the granola will be a bit soft when it's removed from the oven. It will become crisper as it cools.
- Remove granola from the oven and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
This recipe was slightly adapted from Joy the Baker.